My Corner of the World

For my students, and others interested in learning English

A Day in London (a book review by Reiko)

| 0 comments

A day in London 1

Gran came to stay. She brought presents for the children, little golf clubs, a keyboard.

She said, “Let’s have a band!” The band made a lot of noise and the children had a good time.

She takes the children to London by car. “Look after Gran! Try to stop her from getting into trouble,” said Mum.

They go to Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, and the Waxworks. The Waxworks has wax models of famous people. Gran dropped her bag. She bent down to pick it up and bumped into the waxworks. They began to fall over. She picked up the models and put the heads back on, but they looked strange. The heads are not right. Gran apologized to the watch woman. “I’m very sorry,” said Gran. “Never mind, Gran. We know you didn’t mean to knock them over. Thank you for a great day.”

This story is very interesting. I like it because Gran is a very cheerful, lively and fun-loving person. She is easygoing, but a little careless. She is a forward-thinking woman, I think.

If you read this book, you will like it.

Here are the places that Gran and the children go:

Trafalgar Square

Trafalgar Square

Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace

London Tower Bridge

London Tower Bridge

Madame Tussauds Waxworks

Madame Tussauds Waxworks

Photos are from Wikipedia Commons.

Note: A Day in London is part of Stage 8 of the Oxford Reading Tree, by Roderick Hunt and Alex Brychta (Oxford University Press)

Author: barbsaka

I teach English as Foreign Language to children, teens, and adults in Japan. I'm also a teacherr trainer and materials writer.