My Corner of the World

For my students, and others interested in learning English

Pirate Adventure (a book review by Satoshi)

| 5 Comments

Pirate Adventure Cover

Biff was reading the book about pirates. And she said “I don’t like pirates. Biff’s friends came to play. She showed the magic house. They didn’t believe her. She showed the magic key. The magic key made children get smaller. Children went into the house. And when they open the door there is a beach. They played on the beach. The pirate found the children. The children were very afraid. Pirates took the children to the pirate ship. And children are very surprised because it was a party! Children ate and played. And children went home. Then Wilf found the little hat.

This book is the kind of story I like. Because one pirate is very funny. This pirate is wearing glasses and baseball cap. If you like funny stories you will like this book.

Note: Pirate Adventure, by Roderick Hunt and Alex Brychta, is from Stage 5 of Oxford Reading Tree, published by Oxford University Press.

Author: barbsaka

I teach English as Foreign Language to children, teens, and adults in Japan. I'm also a teacherr trainer and materials writer.

5 Comments

1. This is an excellent review, it makes me wanna buy the book! I like funny pirated too!

2. Pingback: Tweets that mention Pirate Adventure (a book review by Satoshi) | My Corner of the World -- Topsy.com

3. Thank you for reading Oxford Reading Tree! Your review is great! 🙂

By the way, did you know that the ‘funny pirate’ is in many other stories and he looks just like the ORT illustrator, Alex Brychta? Maybe it’s him!

4. I love Oxford Reading Tree and this is an excellent review!
    I wish I had a magic key that would take me to wherever I want.
    Or, surprise me – just like in the “Pirate Adventure”.

5. Thank you for your comments. I very like books so I wrote this.